Saturday, July 14, 2012

Becoming a New Inkling!

Hello all! I hope you don't think I've completely forgotten about this blog. I am indeed still having musings about books, however my hypothetical leather chair has moved over to Oxford England for the summer! I'm in the city that gave birth to The Lord of the Rings, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, His Dark Materials and even scenes from Harry Potter. Couldn't be better, right? I'm working on the first summer of my master's degree in English, studying Shakespeare until I feel like I"m having a rather intimate affair with the ol' bard.
Have no fear though, I managed to pick up some new young adult fiction by one of my favorite British authors today, so you will have reviews to look forward to very soon. As a slight side note, there will be a small increase in the amount of YA novels that I start to review. I'm beginning to realize that looking at them from an academic point of view, as I did with my undergrad senior thesis, is actually quite awesome and something I might take further. In the meantime,  thank you for waiting patiently and you will be rewarded soon, I promise!
Cheers from Lincoln College, Oxford University,
Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment